Digital Tech Summit Challenge Zoom #2: Are you always on the run for new sports activities?
By Johanna Weigl
The Digital Tech Summit 2019 goes into the second round! As last year’s event was one of the greatest hacking adventures Nürnberg had ever seen, ZOLLHOF invites you once again to a hackathon defining the future of tech!
The event combines a two day hackathon with a three day international conference attended by more than 700 participants from all over the world. Be part of it! Check out our Zoom #1 here.
Ready to start hacking with your team? Six challenges are already waiting for you! Let’s put them under the microscope to find the perfect fit for you!
Sports enthusiasts share your excitement! Motivate others to follow your example to feel the same pleasure in doing sports like you and many like-minded active souls out there. The goal is to bring movement to the crowds, build and establish communities to network with people alike and have fun as a team! Your possibilities are unlimited — from regeneration after exercise, movement for children using a variety of technologies such as VR, AR or even traditional ways — no limits are set to your creativity!
Be the forerunner and inspire everyone to get moving and live a happier life!
You are the greatest sports enthusiast in the universe? Why not share your passion and enabling thus others to feel the same pleasure as you! Have a look at the following details and first ideas for innovative solutions to find out if this challenge is a perfect match.
Why? 5 burning reasons:
1. The overall motivation for activity has been decreasing over the last decade. How can we change the status quo and inspire to join sports activities?
2. Studies have shown that doing more sport makes individuals healthier leading to a happier life with more social interaction. How can we encourage people to join sports communities?
3. Digital tools like smartwatches, fitness trackers and health apps offer a wide range of new options regarding sports. However, the possibilities to encourage people to participate in sports activities and build healthier habits are by far not exploited yet. How can we leverage new technologies to reduce the barrier to get active?
4. NÜRNBERGER Versicherung believes that the community can motivate people to change their habits and live a healthier life — even if they are handicapped by an injury or a chronic disease.
5. Adidas believes through sports, we have the power to change lives. Are you ready to change lives?
You never walk alone! Mentors and experts of our partners will support you
Our corporate innovators adidas and NÜRNBERGER Versicherung follow thus their mission to change the status quo and bring movement to the crowds! Having a positive impact regarding health and community in mind, the companies committed with heart and soul to shape the future of sports.
NÜRNBERGER Versicherung is not only sponsoring our favorite local football team - 1.FC Nürnberg - but also contributing to other sports like tennis or horseback riding. While employees are always motivated to take part in sports - for example, at STADTRADELN or corporate runs - the company is also committed to the health of its customers in full health insurance: with telemedical treatments, online courses for prevention, training with nerve-controlled exoskeletons for paraplegics or digital coaches for the chronically ill. In addition, NÜRNBERGER supports scientific projects on the subject of movement at Klinikum Nürnberg with a research prize.
As everybody knows, at adidas they “never stand still”! Either if 2500 adidas team members run for saving the oceans in Herzogenaurach or if the company is supporting females in sports with their “she breaks barriers” initiative, they have movement in their bloodstreams!
Would you like to be a part of these motivated team players? Join them with all your energy and passion and carry on the motivation for sports! Adidas already has some inspirations you could work with or you can also bring in your own creative mastermind ideas.
Get inspired by innovative approaches!
● Starting shot running: Use gamification to make running and jogging fun. Ideas like Pokémon GO and AR Runner can bring people together to do sport activities and build new communities. (Requirements: smartphone and apps)
● Fitness trail 2.0: Building “Trimmdichpfad Geräte“ and use an interface for communication so users can interact with the devices in a whole new way! Making competition possible and connecting sport enthusiasts at the same time. (Requirements: bluetooth beacon, RFID, NFC and apps)
Regeneration done right (after injuries): Using AR/VR to ensure patients do correct body movements following the instructions from his coach. Application can be implemented in AR to interact with the environment or make it in VR for an immersive experience. (Requirements: VR headset or smartphone with AR apps)
● Move kiddies: Use the potential of Apple Watch 4 and gamification to build apps. The app can track health data and make suggestions. Use gamification and competitive games motivating kids to move! (Requirements: adidas will bring some apple watch 4 as well as smartphone and apps to play around with!)
● City competition: Based on running data we can easily compare cities. Why not using this data to start an international competition between cities everyone can keep track on? The key question is, how can we harvest running data for inspiring engaging experiences?
● Kicking challenge: We have the possibility to measure the speed of your kick. The challenge would be how to build an interactive app using ball speed. Hackers can kick the ball, check the sensor data right away and come up with innovative ideas to use it.
Use the adidas snapshot app as inspiration and discover how fast you can kick! You can find out the speed, rotation and distance of your shot.
Sports increase personal wellbeing! Be a part of bringing movement to the crowds by providing healthy solutions with the help of new technologies. We are looking forward to forerunners, game changers, and tech rebels ready to take up the challenge to shape the future of sports with us!
Listen up early birds! Get your tickets now and save up to 30% on the ticket price! More information about tickets and all the highlights you can find here.
Johanna is currently working in Marketing Communications at ZOLLHOF as well as finishing her Masters in International Business at FAU. Being a culture enthusiast majoring in Marketing, she has been collecting practical experience in different countries around the globe.